Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Do you have a Support System?

Who are the people you can count on most in your life? 

Mine is my family. Through all the ups and downs in life, they have been the one constant thing in my life that has been positive and unchanging. My sister and my mom are my best friends because they love me for ME. No matter what I say/do or what we fight about, we are always there for each other, which has helped me a lot in my weight loss journey. I haven't been happy with my weight in a long time, but they have helped me stay on track to achieve my goals. I motivate them to be healthy and workout, which in turn, motivates me to do the same. If you have a great support system, then you know how important it is. Don't let other people get in the way of your goals. There will negative people, whether they are close to you or not, and people who try to put you down because they are insecure with themselves. Don't let their negativity stop you! Remember that you are getting healthy for YOU, not anyone else.

Another great support system in this journey has been inspirational blogs that I have stumbled upon using Pinterest (Special credit to Undressed Skeleton and Muffin Topless). Without Pinterest, I really would not be where I am today. There are so many great recipes and workouts you can find on there that led me to challenge myself in the gym. I started seeing small changes in myself. First, the number on the scale, then people start to notice, and soon after that you're having to buy new clothes. Losing the first 20 pounds was easy, but losing the next 20 seems impossible. Consistent clean eating and working out in the gym 5 days a week is getting me to where I want to be. I feel better than ever and nothing can stop me now! Find your support system and never give up on yourself because you CAN DO IT!



"We accept the love, we think we deserve."
Perks of Being a Wallflower

Mom, Sister, Me, Dad @ Bonefish Grill in 2011

Mom, Me, Sister @ Cosmo's in Orange Beach, AL in 2012

Straight flexin ;) - taken today

Body Pump! Sorry I don't look happier. I promise I am, I just didn't want to be so noticeable taking a pic lol (taken today also)


2 comments:

  1. OMG you look amazing!! nice arm and scapula muscles!! girl we both are in the same boat, we'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so supportive, Lane! It's so awesome to have a friend like you. I appreciate it more than you know!

      Delete