Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shrimp Fajitas

This has got to be my favorite healthy meal for the time being. I have literally made this meal 3 times this week. It's super simple and can be tweaked to your liking! You can double the recipe if you want. I make enough for myself and usually have left over veggies that don't fit in the tortilla and just eat them on the side or share them :)

Ingredients

  • 6-8 frozen or fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail off
  • Half of yellow and orange bell pepper, sliced (you can use whatever color pepper you like)
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 tsp safflower oil
  • 1 low carb tortilla (I used La Tortilla Factory)
  • 2 TBSP of avocado
Directions

Slice veggies and saute in a medium saucepan with 1 tsp of safflower oil over medium heat for about 6-7 minutes, occasionally tossing them to allow for even cooking. After veggies are softened and browned, put them aside. Place the shrimp in the same pan and cook about 1-2 mins on each side, making sure not to overcook. You want them browned but to still have some orange/pink color. Once shrimp are cooked, mix the veggies and shrimp together to blend flavors. Take your tortilla and lay flat on a plate. Take 2 tablespoons of avocado and spread on tortilla and lay shrimp and veggie mixture in the middle. Roll into a burrito and heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You can cut the burrito in half or eat whole, but I like to cut mine because I feel like I'm eating more ;). Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment