Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Banana Pancakes

Hello everyone! Sorry I did not post anything yesterday. I had a busy day! I went to an interview at the University of New Orleans for the counseling graduate program I am applying to and didn't have much time after I got back. However, that morning I made my favorite "pancakes". All you need are two ingredients: banana and egg whites. Except for my take on the recipe, I use a scoop of vanilla protein powder to give extra added protein, a TBSP of PB2 powdered peanut butter (I got this from Amazon), and blueberries to top them off. The good thing about this recipe is that it's versatile, but as long as you have the basics - the banana and egg whites - you are good to go!

Ingredients

  • 1 Banana
  • 3 Egg whites
  • 1 TBSP PB2 (optional)
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries (or whatever fruit you like)
  • 1 TBSP maple syrup or honey (optional)
  • Cinnamon, sprinkled over pancakes (optional)
1. Put the banana, 3 egg whites, 1 scoop of protein powder, and TBSP of PB2 in the blender and mix until smooth.
2. Heat up a small skillet on medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour enough mixture in the skillet to be a somewhat thick pancake.
3. When the pancake is cooked well on the bottom (make sure it's not too burnt), use a spatula to carefully flip the pancake. (This part is tricky!)
4. You can make either 2 big pancakes or 3 smaller pancakes (just depends on how much mix you use per pancake). Top pancakes with blueberries and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. If you'd like, you can add 1 TBSP of pure maple syrup.
5. Enjoy! I'll post the pictures I took during the process.






No comments:

Post a Comment